A bill with a minimum value of 50€.
1) take a bill (the one of the maximum value you have at home – minimum 50 euros), divide it into eight pieces;
2) send (by making an appointment – with one person at a time – in front of an ATM, or a waste bin, or by sending it by post) each of the eight pieces to eight people of your choice previously informed of the following;
3) ask each of the eight people to swallow the piece of banknote (after a short chewing and insalivation and with the help of a glass of water);
4) ask to search for the ingested fragment in their own faeces, in the hours and days following ingestion (probable leakage between 12 and 24 hours after ingestion, but there have been cases of emission after nine days);
5. collect (in the same way as under point 2) all recovered fragments to reconstitute the banknote;
6) at the time of return have a contract signed stating that the work (better described in point 7) is collectively owned by all participants, including the author, i.e. nine people;
7) the work will consist of the reconstituted banknote, the contract and any documentation that each of the participants may wish to confer;
8) the work will be put up for auction with price, modalities and times established by the participants together with Nicola Pellegrini;
9) the proceeds from the sale will be divided in equal parts among the nine co-owners.
I am available, at email@example.com, to provide suggestions on: ingestion methods, dietary and hygienic precautions, technique and instrumentation for stool research.
Born in Rome in 1955, lives in Rome
Degree in Medicine with thesis in Psychiatric Clinic (1979).
Co-founder of the Centro Studi Jartrakor (1977) and the Rivista di Psicologia dell’Arte, Rome (1980).
One of the coordinators of the “Oreste” residencies and projects (1997-2001).
Lecturer at “Laboratorio Arti Visive”, IUAV, Venice (2004-2015); MFA Faculty, LUCAD, Lesley University, Boston (2009-2016).
One of the members of the collective “Lu Cafausu” and the Lac or Le Mon Foundation, San Cesario di Lecce (2015).
President of the Azienda Speciale PalaExpo in Rome (2018).
Since 1977 he has exhibited in private and public spaces, in Italy and abroad. In recent years his work has focused mainly on the topic of exchange and the paradoxes that can be created in the folds of economic systems and regulations.