The Sixth Sister
- Find a calm spot in your home
- Wear whatever makes you feel statuesque
- Carry your favourite book on your head
- Stand in contrapposto
- Close your eyes
- Concentrate and visualize as clearly and in as much detail as possible the sixth of the caryatids returning home from the British Museum in London to join her five sisters in Athens.
- Have someone take your picture (or use your smartphone with a timer to take a full figure selfie) while doing this. You can print out the picture and hang it on your wall or post it on social media tagging it #returntheelginmarbles.
(b. 1969, Norway) is a Norwegian artist based in Milan and Oslo. Her work is often connected to the tradition of institutional critique, but emerges out of personal engagement and lived experience, rather than a strategic, calculated practice. Questions related to economics and value circulation are central to Heier’s practice, with the inherent power of the gift as a recurring theme. She questions the obvious and invites other interpretations and possibilities. The results are presented as performances, installations, textbased and other types of spatial interventions. Her work has been shown in venues such as Oslo BIENNALEN, CAPC Contemporary Art Museum, National Museum for Art, Architecture and Design, KORO Public Art Norway, Bergen Kunsthall, Kunsthall Trondheim, Malmö konstmuseum, Munchmuseet, Kunsthall Oslo, Stenersenmuseet, Trondheim kunstmuseum and Platform Garanti among many others. For further info see www.marianneheier.no