Home suite home, 2020
- Measure your home with a retractable metal measuring tape.
- Write on paper with pencil and Ruler Square the planimetry with the respective measurements on a scale of 1:100.
- Extract from the drawing the spaces that can be walked on, excluding the external and internal walls.
- Select one or more photographs from a family album.
- Cut out the selected photos according to the geometric pattern obtained.
- Repeat the same action as many times as desired until a volume of overlapping photos is created.
Born in Formia (1966). lives in Rome and Turin and teaches Decoration and Multimedia Installations at the Accademia di Belle Arti in Frosinone.
He is a polyhedric artist; is a musician, a visual artist. He makes videos, installations, performances. In recent years his poetics has focused mainly on the production of videos, photographic images, but also what he calls blitz. Considering them between urban art and performance, the artist performs actions sometimes flying over, sometimes projecting and running away, sometimes arriving in places with elements of strong disturbance and visual impact. Hybridizing ethics and aesthetics, technology and behavioral actions, Iginio reclaims interaction with the environment and the public, denouncing, between irony and commitment, the crisis of values of our time. The use of multiple and different linguistic registers has always characterized his planning and consequently his methodological and operational choices, suggesting that the common denominator is the need to unhinge certainties, to break the codes of expressive formalization, to tend a trap to reality, surprising it behind. Decoding the plot of the web that the artist weaves, building tightrope walking balances between signs of different nature, is the task of the public, called to active participation by a question that cannot be avoided.